Monday was preparing for concrete slab, putting membrane & insulation down. Most importantly (to me) setting up my formwork & floor drain. I set the MacAlpine trap 12mm below the Finished Floor Level. The 4" drain obviously comes up from a 90degree bend. Then I used a slip collar, with a piece of pipe cut to the exact size which left the macalpine @ 12mm below a line I set up. The trap was obviously screwed from above into a 900mm square formwork. This way I can have a fall within my shower area and gives me a lot more flexibility with regards to shower enclosure, door, glazed screen etc. I'd already checked to forecast and Monday night was mild so we had the concrete delivered about 3pm. Ended up using Lafrage's Agilia. Must say it is good stuff, very easy, just cost's the earth. 100mm thick slab with a 57.75 m2 floor area. The base varied a touch so to be safe we had 7cu M. Was bang on what I wanted. I always could of poured some around the footings so it helped to overestimate slightly.
The rest of the week "top trowel's" been on the facing brickwork. Looks well. Hanson Worcestershire Red Multi's.
Have set a retainer up along the back today. Also dropped post's and bev rails in for fence. I'll temporarily screw the old one back up till the lid's on.
Next week is more brickwork, insulate cavity, then blockwork. All up to lintel height, scaffold up, brickwork up to plate. Perhaps a bit optimistic for one bloke in one week!